Eyebrows and Eyelashes Tinting: How to Make the Results Last
Are you tired of constantly filling in your eyebrows and applying mascara to your lashes? Eyebrow and eyelash tinting might just be the solution for you! It can enhance your natural beauty and save you time in your daily makeup routine. But getting your eyebrows and eyelashes tinted is only half the battle; it’s equally important to take care of them afterwards to ensure the results last longer. In this blog post, we’ll go over some tips on how to care for your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes to keep them looking fabulous for as long as possible.
Avoid Getting Your Brows and Lashes Wet for the First 24 Hours After Tinting
After you’ve had your eyebrows and eyelashes tinted, it’s important to avoid getting them wet for at least 24 hours. This is because the tint needs time to set and fully adhere to the hair. If you get them wet too soon, you risk washing away the tint and diminishing the results of your treatment.
Keeping your brows and lashes dry after tinting is essential for ensuring that the tint sets properly and lasts as long as possible. Here are some tips to help you keep your brows and lashes dry after tinting:
- Avoid showering or washing your face for the first 24 hours after tinting. Water can cause the tint to run or fade, so it’s important to keep your face as dry as possible.
- If you need to wash your face, use a damp cloth to gently clean around your brows and lashes. Avoid getting water directly on them.
- Be careful when applying makeup and avoid applying mascara or brow products for at least 24 hours after tinting. The oils in these products can cause the tint to fade or run.
- If you get caught in the rain, use a clean cloth to gently pat your brows and lashes dry as soon as possible.
It’s also important to avoid sweating excessively or engaging in activities that may cause you to perspire heavily during the first 24 hours. This includes exercise, sauna sessions, and hot yoga classes. Sweating can cause the tint to run and can cause it to fade prematurely.
Be Gentle When Washing Your Face
When it comes to washing your face after eyebrow and eyelash tinting, it’s important to be gentle around the tinted area. Vigorous rubbing or pulling can cause the tint to fade or even come off completely.
It is important for maintaining the tint and ensuring that it lasts as long as possible. Here are some tips to help you be gentle around your brows and lashes:
- Use a gentle touch when washing your face. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing your brows and lashes, as this can cause the tint to fade or become uneven.
- When removing makeup, be sure to use a gentle, oil-free makeup remover. Avoid using cotton pads or cotton balls, as these can leave behind fibers that can get stuck in your lashes.
- When brushing your lashes, use a clean, dry spoolie brush and be gentle. Don’t tug or pull on your lashes, as this can cause them to break or become damaged.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes throughout the day. This can cause the tint to fade or become uneven.
After washing your face, pat your skin dry with a soft towel. Avoid rubbing your face with the towel or using any products that may irritate the skin or the tinted area.
Use a Clear Brow and Lash Gel to Protect Your Tint
The gel provides a barrier between the tint and the elements, helping to keep it in place and prevent it from fading or running. Using a clear brow and lash gel can help to protect your tinted brows and lashes and keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for applying clear brow and lash gel:
- Choose a high-quality, clear brow and lash gel that is specifically formulated to be gentle on tinted brows and lashes.
- Before applying the gel, make sure your brows and lashes are clean and dry. You can use a clean spoolie brush to remove any excess makeup or debris.
- Using the wand applicator, gently brush the gel through your brows or lashes, starting at the base and working your way to the tips.
- Be careful not to apply too much gel, as this can weigh down your brows or lashes and make them look clumpy or unnatural.
- If you want a more natural look, you can use a clean spoolie brush to comb through your brows or lashes and remove any excess gel.
- Allow the gel to dry completely before touching your brows or lashes. This will help to ensure that the gel sets properly and provides maximum protection.
The gel should be applied in a thin, even layer and allowed to dry completely before applying any other products or touching your eyebrows and eyelashes.
Using a clear brow and lash gel can help prolong the life of your tint and keep your eyebrows and eyelashes looking their best. It’s also a great way to add definition and hold to your brows and lashes without using heavy or clumpy products.
Avoid Oil-Based Products Around Your Eyes
Oil-based products can break down the tint and cause it to fade or come off prematurely. Avoiding oil-based products around your eyes can help to protect your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes from damage. Here are some tips for avoiding oil-based products:
- Check the ingredient list: Before using any skincare or makeup products around your eyes, check the ingredient list to see if it contains any oils or oil-based ingredients. Some common oils to watch out for include mineral oil, coconut oil, and almond oil.
- Use water-based or gel-based products: Instead of using oil-based products, opt for water-based or gel-based products that are less likely to cause damage to your tinted brows and lashes. Look for products that are specifically formulated for use around the eyes and are gentle on sensitive skin.
- Be careful when removing makeup: When removing eye makeup, be careful not to get any oil-based products on your brows or lashes. Use a gentle, oil-free makeup remover and be sure to avoid rubbing or pulling at your eyebrows and lashes.
- Be mindful of hair products: Some hair products, such as hair oils and serums, can transfer onto your face and potentially damage your tinted brows and lashes. To avoid this, be sure to apply these products carefully and avoid getting them too close to your eyes.
When applying products around your eyes, be careful not to get them on your eyebrows or eyelashes. Use a light touch and avoid rubbing or pulling at the tinted area.
Protect Your Brows and Lashes from the Sun
Protecting your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes from the sun is important for several reasons. Exposure to sunlight can cause the tint to fade and lose its vibrancy, and it can also dry out the hairs and cause damage. To protect your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes from the harmful effects of the sun, here are some tips:
- Wear sunglasses: Not only do they look stylish, but they also provide protection from the sun’s UV rays. Choose a pair that offers 100% UVA and UVB protection for maximum benefit.
- Wear a hat: A wide-brimmed hat can provide additional protection to your face and eyes. It also helps to keep your head cool and prevents sunburn on your scalp.
- Use a sunscreen: Apply a water-resistant sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to your face and neck before heading out in the sun. Be sure to avoid getting any sunscreen on your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Avoid peak sun hours: Try to stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If you must be outside during these hours, take extra precautions to protect your skin and eyes.
If you’re planning to spend a lot of time outside, consider reapplying the clear brow gel with SPF every few hours. This will ensure that your eyebrows and eyelashes are always protected from the sun.
In addition to protecting your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes from the sun, it’s also important to stay hydrated and avoid excessive exposure to heat. This can help to prevent dryness and damage, which can lead to the tint fading or becoming less vibrant over time.
In conclusion, caring for your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes is an essential part of ensuring that they stay looking their best for as long as possible. By following the tips outlined in this blog post, you can help to protect your tint from damage and keep it looking vibrant and beautiful.
Remember to avoid getting your brows and lashes wet for the first 24 hours after tinting, and to be gentle when washing your face. Using a clear brow and lash gel can also help to protect your tint, while avoiding oil-based products around your eyes is crucial for maintaining the longevity of the tint. Finally, don’t forget to protect your brows and lashes from the sun by wearing sunglasses and a hat, and staying hydrated.
Try our Eyebrows and Eyelash Tinting
We hope that these tips have been helpful in maintaining your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes. However, to truly achieve the best results and ensure that your tint lasts as long as possible, we encourage you to visit The Beauty & Brow Parlour.
Our experienced beauticians are trained to provide high-quality eyebrow and eyelash tinting services using the best products available in the market. We take pride in offering and delivering excellent results that exceed our customers’ expectations.
We understand the importance of proper care and maintenance for your tinted eyebrows and eyelashes. That’s why we offer expert advice and recommendations on how to care for your tint after your appointment, so you can enjoy long-lasting, beautiful results.
Don’t settle for less when it comes to the beauty and care of your eyebrows and eyelashes. Without the need of booking and appointment, you can walk into our parlour to experience our ultimate tinting services. Enrich your beauty and visit The Beauty & Brow Parlour today! Contact us for questions and inquiries about our tinting services.